Question PC crashing while playing games

Jay Wicks

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
so this was happening for a while before i removed a ps4 controller charger i had hooked up to my pc which stopped the crashing for a whille. now when i play battlefeild 5 or cyberpunk it just crashes. i used valley benchmark to stress test my gpu and another system to stress test my cpu and both where fine. i removed all cabled and re plugged in and also checked for any damagaed wires but there was none.

the only thing i can think of in my mind is that i got a monitor from a friend a while back but the problems started a whiile after getting it.

i also reset my bios to defult and updated my drives.

any suggestions on what to do next

wondrk

BANNED
Mar 6, 2021
so this was happening for a while before i removed a ps4 controller charger i had hooked up to my pc which stopped the crashing for a whille. now when i play battlefeild 5 or cyberpunk it just crashes. i used valley benchmark to stress test my gpu and another system to stress test my cpu and both where fine. i removed all cabled and re plugged in and also checked for any damagaed wires but there was none.

the only thing i can think of in my mind is that i got a monitor from a friend a while back but the problems started a whiile after getting it.

i also reset my bios to defult and updated my drives.

any suggestions on what to do next

The possible factors that cause 'computer crashes when playing games';
You are running too many programs in the background and they use lots of memory or Your current graphics card drivers are incompatible with your Windows OS (especially Windows 10). or Your sound driver collides with other devices.

Jay Wicks

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2014
The possible factors that cause 'computer crashes when playing games';
You are running too many programs in the background and they use lots of memory or Your current graphics card drivers are incompatible with your Windows OS (especially Windows 10). or Your sound driver collides with other devices.
i closed all programs and just ran what was needed for the game and still crashed

how do i see if my drivers are incompatible with the current os

and how so i also see if my sound drivers are colliding with other devices