[SOLVED] PC Crashing with 32GB of RAM

Apr 4, 2020
PC Specs:

CPU - i7 8700K
MOBO - ASUS Z390-E
RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RBG 32GB @3200MHz
GPU - EVGA 2080 SUPER

---------

Hello! Looking to see if anyone on here can help me with a frustrating issue I’m having after an upgrade.

Just bought a 4x8GB kit of RAM mentioned in the specs, when i put the RAM in and enabled XMP it crashes the PC with a BSOD and it seemed every time i tried to boot it was a different error code when the BSOD popped up. My first action was to update the BIOS (which were out of date) but this didn’t solve the issue. I’ve also updated all my drives and checked to make sure nothing in my PC has an outdated/faulty driver but the issue remains.

After many times clearing CMOS and trying to boot the computer I believe I caused some serious read/write errors because i couldn’t open any software which led to me do a fresh windows install. During the install, I kept getting an error during the process that windows could not be installed, I could not get a clean install of windows until i put my old RAM kit back into the PC (G Skill RipJaws 16gGB @3200MHz). After getting windows installed I’ve also tried checking the DIMM slots with the RAM I know works and it seems like DIMM slots are not the issue.

I’m at a loss now for what I can do without some tips but would really like to get this upgrade into my system and have it stable. Thanks for any tips and help you can give me! :)

Solution
your rams arent listed in mainboard QVL
which can means only two things
ram was not tested (as there is plethora of ram modules out there)
or xmp profile is not compatible with your board

since this is that case, u can leave xmp turned on, but reduce ram frequency
start at lowest point (2133MHz)
run memtest, if no errors, increase speed
once u get errors, revert clocks back
if u get errors even at 2133MHz then either RAM is faulty, or you have bent pins in mobo/cpu socket
your rams arent listed in mainboard QVL
which can means only two things
ram was not tested (as there is plethora of ram modules out there)
or xmp profile is not compatible with your board

since this is that case, u can leave xmp turned on, but reduce ram frequency
start at lowest point (2133MHz)
run memtest, if no errors, increase speed
once u get errors, revert clocks back
if u get errors even at 2133MHz then either RAM is faulty, or you have bent pins in mobo/cpu socket

Solution