Question PC crashing without BSOD, only regaining enough power to turn on a couple of lights ?

Aug 22, 2023
Heya! I bought a prebuilt from CyberPowerPC under a year ago with no issue until now, but after moving my setup to another location, my PC seems to be hard crashing after ~half an hour without a BSOD. It attempts to restart itself, but only turns on a handful of the aesthetic lights around the build and nothing else. I'm currently leaning toward an overheating or power supply issue, but I'm not positive. The fans seem to be able to spin just fine, and none of this was happening until the move.

I've tried just about anything I can think of to do, and I'm lost. I'm able to get it to fully turn back on after a short time.

CASE: Syber C Series Mini-ITX Gaming Chassis w/ 7 color RGB LED, USB 3.0 (Black Color)
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i7-11700F 8/16 2.50GHz [Turbo 4.8GHz] 16MB Cache LGA1200 [w/o Integrated Graphic]
FAN: Intel Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink
HDD: 1TB WD Blue SN570 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3500/3000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 460/450k (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE Z590I AORUS ULTRA Mini-iTX, ARGB, WiFi 6, 2.5GbE LAN, 1 PCIe x16, 4 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
POWERSUPPLY: 300 Watts - Standard SFX Power Supply
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
GPU: GeForce RTX™ 3060 12GB GDDR6 Video Card (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)

Last edited:
Heya! I bought a prebuilt from CyberPowerPC under a year ago with no issue until now, but after moving my setup to another location, my PC seems to be hard crashing after ~half an hour without a BSOD. It attempts to restart itself, but only turns on a handful of the aesthetic lights around the build and nothing else. I'm currently leaning toward an overheating or power supply issue, but I'm not positive. The fans seem to be able to spin just fine, and none of this was happening until the move.

I've tried just about anything I can think of to do, and I'm lost. I'm able to get it to fully turn back on after a short time.

CASE: Syber C Series Mini-ITX Gaming Chassis w/ 7 color RGB LED, USB 3.0 (Black Color)
CPU: Intel(R) Core™ Processor i7-11700F 8/16 2.50GHz [Turbo 4.8GHz] 16MB Cache LGA1200 [w/o Integrated Graphic]
FAN: Intel Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink
HDD: 1TB WD Blue SN570 Series PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 3500/3000 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 460/450k (Single Drive)
MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3200MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)
MOTHERBOARD: GIGABYTE Z590I AORUS ULTRA Mini-iTX, ARGB, WiFi 6, 2.5GbE LAN, 1 PCIe x16, 4 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe
NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
VIDEO: GeForce RTX™ 3060 12GB GDDR6 Video Card (Ampere) [VR Ready] (Single Card)
That not only sounds like some no name PSU but also very marginal for that system. New location may have lower voltage and PSU can't compensate for it.

Aug 22, 2023
That not only sounds like some no name PSU but also very marginal for that system. New location may have lower voltage and PSU can't compensate for it.
Would this be a replace the PSU with something reputable situation or am I out of luck if the new location has lower voltage? I'm not the best when it comes to this type of thing.

I should probably add that I didn't have this issue at this location last time I was here.