PC creates power outage.

ianboy76

Commendable
Aug 3, 2016
So at first when I had my pc, the few months I had with it we're perfect. Until recently I experienced power outages randomly when gaming. Then days go by and these power outages become more common and making it impossible to use my PC. It's gotten to the point where other rooms connected lose power too. I noticed a couple days ago, everytime I turn on my pc everything just shuts off. I don't know if the constant outages damaged my PSU or power outlets.

I am running on a MSI GTX 1080ti
i5 8600k
With a 550 or 600 WATT EVGA bronze PSU

Solution
With power outages come power/voltage spikes too so that (voltage spikes) are only ones that can damage a PSU even with all safeties (passive or active PFC) present.
Damage to plugs are easy to see but automatic fuses can become sensitive and trip at much lower loads. By all you said, looks to me that you have some serious power issues in your dwelling.
With power outages come power/voltage spikes too so that (voltage spikes) are only ones that can damage a PSU even with all safeties (passive or active PFC) present.
Damage to plugs are easy to see but automatic fuses can become sensitive and trip at much lower loads. By all you said, looks to me that you have some serious power issues in your dwelling.

Solution