Question Pc Cuts Out Straight To Bios Screen?

Westwoodo

Honorable
Oct 21, 2015
I've been having a problem with my pc for the last couple of days, randomly my monitors will go black for a second and then come back on showing the bios screen, the pc then loads up fine, this has happened a few times and has caused windows to corrupt, i've reinstalled windows but still have the problem, this happened around the time I got a new cpu (5900x), I unfortunately sold my old processor (3800x) once i'd tested the 5900x and didn't have any issues, i've checked my ssd and ram for errors but didn't find any.
I'm guessing it's either the new cpu or psu? My pc is a year and a half old and is as follows:
5900x
32gb 3600mhz Corsair Ram
Rtx 3080
Corsair 850w power supply

The problem happens randomly, usually when i'm playing games but only seems to happen when i've been playing for a hour or 2

Thanks in advance for any help given

Lutfij

Titan
What is the model of the Corsair unit in your build? How old is the Corsair unit you're using to power your system? As for the black screen, if it happens when taxed, then it's a possible PSU issue or overheating(check temps using HWMonitor). As for your OS, what OS are you working with? If Windows 10, what version(not version) are you on? BIOS version for your AMD platformed motherboard? Make and model of your motherboard?

Apr 20, 2022
A thing to check here could be the CPU pins. If any of them are bent, you could get all sorts of issues. It's a quick thing to check and if they are bent, you could try to straighten them or RMA.