PC cuts out when playing certain games

Laffluks

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017
I have a problem where ill play a game, and the PC will just cut out, no warning, and turn on by itself like nothing happened.

Iv checked CPU temps, GPU temps, Mobo temps, all the temps basically, i cannot find the culprit, my FPS doesnt dip before it happens.

It is not disk usage, disk usage is averagely low before it happens, and its not usage of GPU, RAM or CPU.

Its happened while playing RAGE, Subnautica, and warframe.
Its never happened while playing GTA 5, any battlefield games, titanfall games, etc.

Specs: Intel i7-7700k at 4.2ghz
GTX 970 (MSI) at base clock speed
Corsair 8gb 2144mhz ( i think) DDR4
Kingston SSD 128gb
WDC 1tb HDD
Crytek ultimate r7
and a 750w bronze corsair PSU

I am for the life of me stumped to the problem, ive tried updating drivers, reinstalling windows, changing RAM slots, refitting parts.

pls send help :(

Solution
No, that's HWmonitor, not HWinfo.

HWinfo can be downloaded here: http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

AND, it's not the temps I'm interested in, it's the system voltages. I need to see the +3, +5 and +12v system voltages at idle and at 100% load. Also, after installation when you start HWinfo, you'll want to choose the "sensors only" option when you are prompted.

HWmonitor is notoriously inaccurate when it comes to reading system sensors. Best advice would be to uninstall it and not use it ever again. There are hundreds and hundreds of threads, just on Tom's hardware, and probably five times that many elsewhere, that establish the fact that HWmonitor and Openhardware monitor are not trustworthy and in some cases are so far off they are...
What is the exact model of your Corsair power supply? How old is it?

Do the following. Download Hwinfo and install it. Then, do the following, posting screenshots HERE (After uploading your screenshots to imgur or tinypic, or another similar file hosting service, showing the system voltages at both idle and under a Furmark 100% load) that show the 3, 5 and +12v system voltages.

How to post images of hardware or test results in order to help with troubleshooting.

ml2xpl.jpg

In order to help you, it's often necessary to SEE what's going on, in the event one of us can pick something out that seems out of place, or other indicators that just can't be communicated via a text only post. In these cases, posting an image of the HWinfo sensors or something else can be extremely helpful. Here's how:

*How to post images in Tom's hardware forums

Run HWinfo and look at system voltages and other sensor readings.

Monitoring temperatures, core speeds, voltages, clock ratios and other reported sensor data can often help to pick out an issue right off the bat. HWinfo is a good way to get that data and in my experience tends to be more accurate than some of the other utilities available. CPU-Z, GPU-Z and Core Temp all have their uses but HWinfo tends to have it all laid out in a more convenient fashion so you can usually see what one sensor is reporting while looking at another instead of having to flip through various tabs that have specific groupings.

After installation, run the utility and when asked, choose "sensors only". The other window options have some use but in most cases everything you need will be located in the sensors window. If you're taking screenshots to post for troubleshooting, it will most likely require taking three screenshots and scrolling down the sensors window between screenshots in order to capture them all.

*Download HWinfo

Laffluks

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017
No, that's HWmonitor, not HWinfo.

HWinfo can be downloaded here: http://www.hwinfo.com/download.php

AND, it's not the temps I'm interested in, it's the system voltages. I need to see the +3, +5 and +12v system voltages at idle and at 100% load. Also, after installation when you start HWinfo, you'll want to choose the "sensors only" option when you are prompted.

HWmonitor is notoriously inaccurate when it comes to reading system sensors. Best advice would be to uninstall it and not use it ever again. There are hundreds and hundreds of threads, just on Tom's hardware, and probably five times that many elsewhere, that establish the fact that HWmonitor and Openhardware monitor are not trustworthy and in some cases are so far off they are laughable.

Solution

Laffluks

Prominent
Apr 16, 2017

https://imgur.com/d0FPpBr
https://imgur.com/7Gqe5Ou
used hwinfo and furmax