[SOLVED] PC cuts power without warning. Out of solustions, please help me.

Oct 8, 2021
Hello,

at the end of 2020 I built myself a new pc, and I am running into a really big and annoying problem.

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X
GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3070
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M AORUS PRO
RAM: Kingston 2x 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz
PSU: Corsair RM650

Since I've been using my pc in September of 2020 it randomly shuts off sometimes. It doesn't power down, it just switches off.
I thought it was a faulty HDD, removed it, still happens.
Since it usually happens when starting a game or under high load, I decided to change my PSU, still didn't fix it.

Please someone help me....

Solution
PCs usually randomly shut down either due to defective PSU or something tripping the PSU's protections. In either case, all you see in system logs is a generic loss of power event.

Nvidia's RTX3000 series are notorious for nasty load transients. If the shutdowns happen under intermittent load, it could be a sign that your RM650 isn't quite pulling it off.

InvalidError

Titan
PCs usually randomly shut down either due to defective PSU or something tripping the PSU's protections. In either case, all you see in system logs is a generic loss of power event.

Nvidia's RTX3000 series are notorious for nasty load transients. If the shutdowns happen under intermittent load, it could be a sign that your RM650 isn't quite pulling it off.

Solution