PC cutting out randomly when under load

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamstrap

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Hey guys, I'm having issues with my pc I built a few years ago, I don't know much about pc's really so I thought I'd ask here. This might be a long post as I thought I'd state everything to help out. I'd appreciate the help.

Anyway, I'll start off with what I'm running:

Windows 7 Home Premium
Corsair 8GB Ram x2
ASUSTeK P8Z77-V LX motherboard
Intel i5 3570k processor
Corsair CX 600 Power Supply
AMD Radeon R9 200 series Graphics Card
All stock fans..

FYI all these issues tend to happen when the pc is under a load, gaming etc.

Ok so I first started having issues a while ago with my pc restarting and coming up Asus anti-surge detected a problem, so after some research I decided to just turn it off as some people said it can be really sensitive.
The pc was fine for awhile, I was playing games and everything no problem, then sometimes my screen would go black for a few seconds and then turn on again, i thought maybe i just kept knocking the hdmi cable or something. But this last week while gaming my screen would go black and say 'No Signal' and I'd have to hit the restart button on the tower. Then it got to the point where I can't even turn it off at the tower, I have to flip the switch on the power supply. Now sometimes I try turn it on and nothing will happen or the fans will come on except the processor fan and nothing would load.
It seems to be getting worse all the time but as I'm typing this on the pc it has been on for about 2 hours, I've played games shortly to test it, run Furmark for about 20mins and it's still on. It's all very random. I've tried to search online but I'm finding answers from mobo, gpu, psu and even dodgy fans.

I've cleaned everything, taken it all apart and back together again, tested other fans, tried 1 ram stick at a time and updated every single thing that could be updated and I still have no clue. Also I'm not overclocked at all and the highest my temps really go are around 55C when gaming.

I apologies if this is long winded and doesnt make much sense but just ask if you need info.

Thank you,

Jamstrap

The reason that you are getting people saying it's your psu and gpu is because it's true. Download MSI Afterburner and monitor the GPU Usage, and temperature and see what it says... It sounds like your GPU could be over heating. Also make sure that your graphic card driver is completely up to date. Which AMD R9 do you have?

Jamstrap

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
I have monitored it during gaming and it doesn't go higher than 55C, i furmarked it and it only reached 65C.

I have updated it as well.

It's a 270.

Jamstrap

Prominent
Mar 4, 2017
Well I've been using HWMonitor and my CPU, GPU and basically everything havent gone above 55/60C Degrees.

Should I still try use Coretemp instead?... Not sure on my PSU temps though.

Status
Not open for further replies.