PC decent enough for Arma 3?

SirJosh

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
Hello, I am planning on buying Arma 3 on steam but first, I need to know if my current computer can actually handle it. I'm not expecting full 60 FPS on high or ultra settings, I just want to know where abouts my frames would range from.

Specs:
Intel Core i7 860
Gigabyte Technology Co (Motherboard manufacturer)
H57M-USB3 (Motherboard model)
8GB DDR3 Corsair Ram
2133.4MHz (NB Frequency)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 660 Twin Frozr
1.8TB Hard drive
64-bit Operating System

Thanks

Solution
No windows 8.1 is not needed to play bf4 but its recommended for newest DirectX technology.

Now youre a lucky tho :) EA let people play their games at least battlefied and other games for free for 24hours or more to try out the game before you buy it, so you can test it by yourself how you run it. :D

hmm.. im actually not sure that they started with this free games for some hours yet, but it will come shortly at least!

Yonose

Distinguished
Okey.. We cant really say where your fps will be since it will be different from each server becaues there is different mission files with different amount of objects of course.. With your specs i would say you are about 20-40fps on medium-high settings.

I might get wrong i might get right.. once again, its hard to say, the performance changes all the time from each server almost.

Matt Dobe

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015
Your system is a few years out of date now to keep up with the likes of Arma 3. I'm not sure if they managed to optimise the engine more than Arma2 but yeah.. you should be ok on low/medium settings. CPU will definitely start to struggle I think though.

SirJosh

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
I'm not sure if I needed to create a new topic but I will just ask this right now while I'm still here...

Is my PC capable of handling Battlefield 4? I can run BF3 fine. I just wanna know if I can atleast run the game on medium settings. I used the site 'Canyourunit.com' and it said that I can run it on a minimal performance but not recommended. I checked why it wouldn't run on recommended and the only thing that was holding it back was my windows version. It stated that I needed Windows 8.1. I'm not sure if this is correct because a lot of people I know play the game on Windows 7.
So I'm pretty confused here.

Yonose

Distinguished
No windows 8.1 is not needed to play bf4 but its recommended for newest DirectX technology.

Now youre a lucky tho :) EA let people play their games at least battlefied and other games for free for 24hours or more to try out the game before you buy it, so you can test it by yourself how you run it. :D

hmm.. im actually not sure that they started with this free games for some hours yet, but it will come shortly at least!

Solution

SirJosh

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014

Hey man, I did what you said and unfortunately I don't think origin game time still works for Battlefield 4 anymore :( Could you maybe give me an estimated hint of whereabouts my fps would hang. Is it possible for me to achieve 50-60FPS in whatever setting?
Thanks

Matt Dobe

Reputable
Jan 20, 2015

You will be ok on medium settings at 1080 for 30-60fps I reckon! Still expect some lag spikes etc on 64 player servers however.