Question PC/Device needs to be repaired

Kusky

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2013
So I was trying to reinstall windows and I placed a windows installation file on a USB. I unplugged all my drives but 1 and tried to install, but each time it failed around 50%. Eventually I gave up and decided to try recover from a restore point which I made before trying reinstall. I enabled my other drives again which is when I got “Your PC/device needs to be repaired” I only got this when enabling the other drives again. What is weird though, is that it tells me to use a recovery tool such as on a USB. Which I already have plugged in, but it isn’t picking up. And even more weird it picks it up again once I disable the drives again. But I need it specifically with those drives enabled. I honestly feel like my pc is bricked, with no other computer to try redownload the installation files on the USB again incase it was a corruption to do with the USB. What can I do?

Do clean install.
Have only single drive connected.
Clean target drive before installing windows. All data gets wiped, so make backups, if necessary.
Use diskpart clean method for cleaning the disk.

diskpart-clean-vs-clean-all-3.png

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html