[SOLVED] PC didn't start, but clearing cmos fixed everything

Mindsettingsdude

Prominent
Aug 24, 2020
Hi all,

My PC recently just died. It shut off by itself and the motherboard was barely lit. At first I was afraid the PSU or the Motherboard died, so it wouldn't turn on.

I cleared cmos and now everything is running fine again. I am afraid this won't be the last time this happens.

Could anyone give me any advice on what I should do next? Should I invest into a new PC? Am I safe and this was a one time thing?

Solution
Maybe its just a power initialisation issue. Not supposed to happen but one time is not an indicator of anything. I would ignore that as one time issue.

sunnytoday

Commendable
Sep 26, 2019
Thank you for the response. I was really worried that this was my PC giving up the ghost.
If i had posted about my computer ,with worse problems ,the universal reply would have been to scrap it and get a new one . It is still working a year after the problems started , going to sleep , waking up and working flawlessly . Was not starting , waking from sleep , then needing to reset the bios every time . Last time it had a hissy fit I reset the CPU ,and memory but it still would not boot , then it did . Still absolutely no idea what the problem was ( the problems were over several months ) , but it is ok now .