pc didnt wake up from idle

Bill Hilly579

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
I had my other pc which didn't wake up from its idle.and its the first time this ever happened on my other pc.i came to wake it up and the monitor was blank,keyboard was unresponsive and if I were to unplug my kb/mouse and replug it in,the led wont light up.so I had to hard reset my pc.when I look at steam my other account says ive been offline for 5 hours,so I go to the last 5 hours in the event viewer to see what it says and I see a message saying

The system has returned from a low power state
power source=power button/power lid.

what could that possibly mean?

if someone can help me with that id appreciate it.btw this is the first time in a year this happened on my other pc.so its not something that happned every day

Bill Hilly579

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
I doubt it could be the psu as the psu its quite new.corsair 650w 80+gold.when that issue happned,the pc was still running and fans are spinning,however the screen was just blank.

however ill still try disabling c state.

it doesn't matter if its 1 hour or 1 year old it can become defective at any time

Bill Hilly579

Reputable
Aug 31, 2014
dam.because I like have another pc with a corsair 850w gold psu that's been doing to same thing too.with the other pc it would go blank and unresponsive.but it is so rare that itll happen once every 5 months.now with the 650w pc this is the first time that ever happened in like 6-7 months.

now is there any way to diagnose power supplys for issues?i wish this issue wasn't so rare and was more consistent so I could pin it down.