Question PC died and won't boot.

Apr 27, 2022
I was playing games when my PC suddenly went blackscreen. Since then I have not managed to get it up and running again.

I've tried:
  • Reset cmos
  • Reseat RAM, in both slots & with different ram sticks
  • Reseat GPU
  • Unplug everything from PC except monitor.
Monitors work on other PC, so shouldn't be the issue.

When I turn the PC on, lights turn on and fans on motherboard spin, not on GPU though. I tried booting the PC without the GPU, though I suspect my motherboard dosen't support that.
My theory is that some hardware is broken, and if that's the case I would appreciate help in identifying which is broken.

Parts:
Motherboard: Gigabyte a320m-s2h
GPU: Gigabyte 1650 Super
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
RAM: 2x CorsairVengeance 8GB 2400MHz
Powersupply: Fractal design 650w integra.

Apr 27, 2022
How old is that Fractal design 650w integra PSU?

History of heavy use for gaming, video editing, or even bit-mining?

It's pretty old, I've had the PC for a few years and I bought it used. Don't know what the previous owner used it for but i've mostly done gaming & a tiny bit of editing.

Apr 27, 2022
Yes: test the GPU in another known working system.

If the GPU is working then try to obtain another PSU to test in your computer.

Remember, do not mix and match cables between PSUs.

Just tried the GPU in a friend's pc and it didn't boot. Now I'm looking at possible replacements GPUs. Assuming the motherboard is compatible with the replacement GPU, should I replace something else whilst i'm at it? Someone mentioned the power supply (which is quite old).

Just tried the GPU in a friend's pc and it didn't boot. Now I'm looking at possible replacements GPUs. Assuming the motherboard is compatible with the replacement GPU, should I replace something else whilst i'm at it? Someone mentioned the power supply (which is quite old).
Replacing the PSU would be something to consider in the future, but I would first test the whole rig with the new GPU.
With a working GPU and a new PSU, your PC is still perfectly good.

And while you are shopping for a new GPU, look at at your PSU and count the number of PCIe power cables you have. I think that your PSU has ONE 6+2 pins cable.
So the new GPU must function with only one PCIe power cable

Last edited:
Reactions: John Chesterfield