[SOLVED] PC died while gaming

Jan 27, 2020
While gaming this morning, my PC came to a sudden halt while running around Neverwinter. Power light remained on, fans continued to run, but the machine didn't show a picture and didn't respond. Failed to recognize power or reset button; i "reset" it by turning off the power supply. Since then, it has failed to advance into Windows 10 or share any info about what the problem may be. Never seen this before and am hoping for some suggestions about what the problem may be.

Windows 10
Asus X570 Prime-Pro
Ryzen 3600
16 GB 3600 MHZ
RX 580 Video
1 TB Samsung M.2
2 other SSD

Jan 27, 2020
That's a pretty darn good PSU. I guess it's possible it's failing. Is it relatively new? It should be covered under warranty, if you wanted to get a replacement.

Do you have another PSU lying around you could use to test, or one you could borrow from a friend?

Thank you very much for your help; you are obviously a very wise diagnostician. Raided another PC for a power supply and plugged it into my crashed PC; symptoms stopped. Got a new PSU on order for my gaming machine and can put upgrade the other PC when the replacement shows up.

Again, thank you!!!

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Thank you very much for your help; you are obviously a very wise diagnostician. Raided another PC for a power supply and plugged it into my crashed PC; symptoms stopped. Got a new PSU on order for my gaming machine and can put upgrade the other PC when the replacement shows up.

Again, thank you!!!

Excellent, I'm glad that has worked :)

We try to help as best we can. If you are happy with the solution, you can close the thread by selecting an answer as the best one.

Have a great day!