Question PC Died

Jul 26, 2020
Hey, so a few days ago I was using my pc and all of a sudden it randomly just froze, so I thought a simple restart should help. I restarted it and then there was no display at all... The motherboard had a white VGA LED lit up so I tried all the common solutions such as removing the GPU and using inegrated graphics, reseating the ram and using only 1 stick and I even took the whole pc apart and put it back together but nothing at all has helped, I have tried practically everything. Also, the pc was working fine since I built it before that and never noticed anything abnormal. All the PC parts were brand new.
Here are the specs
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G
PSU: AeroCool Integrator 600w
GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 1660Ti
RAM: Corsair Vengance 3200mhz RGB 2x 8gb
Storage: 256GB SSD & 1TB WD HDD

DSzymborski

Titan
I noticed 1 pin on the 26 pin psu motherboard cable was missing. Could that be causing the issue?

No. It's typical to remove that pin because it was for -5V power and nothing has really used that for decades. It was made optional nearly 20 years ago.

In any case, it wouldn't change your next step in diagnosis: a known, working PSU, preferably one of higher quality than your current one.

Jul 26, 2020
No. It's typical to remove that pin because it was for -5V power and nothing has really used that for decades. It was made optional nearly 20 years ago.

In any case, it wouldn't change your next step in diagnosis: a known, working PSU, preferably one of higher quality than your current one.
May I know what indicates that I need a new PSU? Because I'm about to order a new one

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
May I know what indicates that I need a new PSU? Because I'm about to order a new one
Because the PSU you have is poor quality and removing your GPU and running on integrated made no difference.
It could be something else, but this is just one key step in the diagnosis.

Regardless as to whether it is your PSU or not, return the Aerocool and get a new good quality one, even if it turns out not to be the PSU, you've done yourself a bonus!

What PSU are you looking at?

I'd also review this to make sure: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/ more so the checking of CPU / socket just to verify no issues occurred during installation.

Jul 26, 2020
At this point, I'd RMA the motherboard.
But if I get the VGA LED with and without the GPU then couldn't it be the CPU causing it because my CPU is an APU and has raedon vega integrated graphics because the motherboard powers everything fine and I saw others have a similar issue on reddit and their solution was a new CPU

DSzymborski

Titan
But if I get the VGA LED with and without the GPU then couldn't it be the CPU causing it because my CPU is an APU and has raedon vega integrated graphics because the motherboard powers everything fine and I saw others have a similar issue on reddit and their solution was a new CPU

The motherboard's job is far more than simply powering things. CPU failure is very uncommon and is almost always the last thing to replace. Similar issue doesn't mean anything because dozens of different problems can have the same vague symptom.

Reactions: PC Tailor