[SOLVED] PC does full restarts, possibly motherboard BIOS issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric Ralphs

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2013
Hi Everyone,

Hoping someone can help me out here. I purchased a pre-built from IBUYPOWER with the following specs.
ProcessorIntel® Core™ i9-9900KF Processor (8x 3.60GHz/16MB L3 Cache)
Processor CoolingiBUYPOWER 240mm Addressable RGB Liquid Cooling System - Black
Memory16GB [8GB x 2] DDR4-3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z RGB Memory
Video CardASUS ROG STRIX GeForce® RTX 2080 Ti - 11GB GDDR6 (VR-Ready)
Storage32GB+1TB INTEL OPTANE MEMORY H10 M.2 NVMe SSD
MotherboardASRock Z390 PHANTOM GAMING 4-IB w/ WiFi
Power Supply750 Watt RGB Power Supply - 80 PLUS Gold
Internal Wireless NetworkOn-Board Wireless Network
Operating SystemWindows 10 Home

Now when I first got it (roughly a year ago) I was having an issue where it would do a full restart with no BSOD when playing certain games (warframe, escape from tarkov, etc.) It stopped and hasn't happened for about 10 months or so until today when i re-downloaded warframe, not it has been restarting whenever I'm in game. MY CPU usage only got up to about 70% when it most recently happened and my temps don't seem abnormal.

I thought it could be a power supply but then it stopped for so long that i figured it was just a fluke at that point, but now that it is back I want to get this resolved. I checked my motherboard BiOs version and it showed P 1.00 and looks like at 1.30 they added an I9 CPU support so perhaps IBUYPOWER dropped the ball with updating the BiOS before sending it to me? I'd like to not send it in to IBUYPOWER as the shipping to send it in and return it even with the warranty would be another $200. And if they cant replicate the problem then it would be for nothing.

I was watching my event viewer and every time it has happened I get WARNING kernel-PnP 219 and CRITICAL kernel-power 41.

Any assistance would be awesome!

Thanks,
Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.