[SOLVED] PC does not boot with all CPU cores activated in BIOS after BIOS update

May 30, 2021
Hello! So recently I updated my BIOS because I had a problem with my new CPU (the problem was that if all cpu cores where activated the pc was unstable,sometimes freeze on boot) and some people sayd BIOS updating would solve the problem. Now,when I choose to have all CPU cores active my pc freezes on booting. But when I choose 7 or lower cores my PC boots. Any solutions or ideas? The thing is before BIOS update the pc was kind of working on all cores but now it does not work at all with all cores.

My system specs:
CPU:Intel Core i9 9900KF
GPU:Nvidia GTX 1050 TI
Motherboard:AsRock H310 M-HDV
PSU: 500W (I do not know its model)
RAM: 16 GB Crucial 2400 frequency
Storage: 1 TB HDD, 240 GB SSD

Solution
It's because you went too cheap on the motherboard.
A 9900K is no joke on the VRM, or the cpu cooling, for that matter.

Assuming you correctly clean installed Windows from your last motherboard change and are using a big cooler, I'm sure the current motherboard is crapping out because it can't handle the power draw from that thing.
This was a common occurrence with FX-8000 and 9000 cpus with cheaper AM3+ mobos.

This cpu physically requires a Z series board; the B and H series options compatible with that cpu aren't well built in the VRMs to properly handle that cpu.
Gigabyte's Z390 Gaming SLI WAS one of the cheapest boards(~160USD) available that could handle a 9900K. [This is just to give you an idea of what you're looking to spend...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's because you went too cheap on the motherboard.
A 9900K is no joke on the VRM, or the cpu cooling, for that matter.

Assuming you correctly clean installed Windows from your last motherboard change and are using a big cooler, I'm sure the current motherboard is crapping out because it can't handle the power draw from that thing.
This was a common occurrence with FX-8000 and 9000 cpus with cheaper AM3+ mobos.

This cpu physically requires a Z series board; the B and H series options compatible with that cpu aren't well built in the VRMs to properly handle that cpu.
Gigabyte's Z390 Gaming SLI WAS one of the cheapest boards(~160USD) available that could handle a 9900K. [This is just to give you an idea of what you're looking to spend for a new mobo.]

Reactions: punkncat
Solution