[SOLVED] Pc does not manage to stay on

ipatman

Honorable
May 25, 2015
Today I turned on my PC just like any other day and jumped on a game of league of legends. However 5 mins into the game my pc went completely dark. I thought there was a power cut but immediately after my pc attempted to boot again, but got stuck in a cycle of booting and shutting off after a second or two. I did not change any hardware and I had no power issues before. No overclocks or anything.
My system:
CPU: i7 4770
Gpu: gtx 980
Psu: corsair cx750m
Storage: 2 Samsung ssds, 1 wd HDD
Motherboard: msi z97s sli krait edition
Memory: corsair vengence 2x8gb

Any help is appreciated.

Solution
It is the green version, but what is the problem with it?
The old version CX (with the green letters) psu's are bad quality. The 2017 version with the grey letters are far better. If you decide to get a new psu i would still consider for seasonic focus plus they give 10 years waranty and their quality is top.
I would start from the PSU how old is it? Same thing happend to me 1 year (while playing league of legends too) before with corsair TX850M that was 4 years old with a system that needed almost 550W i changed the psu and everything was back to normal. Also your CX psu is the one with the green letters?

ipatman

Honorable
May 25, 2015
I would start from the PSU how old is it? Same thing happend to me 1 year before with corsair TX850M that was 4 years old with a system that needed almost 550W i changed the psu and everything was back to normal.

I have it for about 4-5 years. Maybe it's time to get a new one.
Strangely enough, I cleaned off any dust in the case with a compressed air can and re-connected the ram and gpu and the pc booted up normally. I am running a benchmark for 15 minutes now to see if the issue persists. I have no idea what fixed or if it is even fixed...

I have it for about 4-5 years. Maybe it's time to get a new one.
Strangely enough, I cleaned off any dust in the case with a compressed air can and re-connected the ram and gpu and the pc booted up normally. I am running a benchmark for 15 minutes now to see if the issue persists. I have no idea what fixed or if it is even fixed...
Check again if all the cables are secured and maybe reinstall the ram and the gpu. But especially if its not the 2017 version of cx but the one with the green CX then i would replace it. Look for seasonic focus plus psu's.