[SOLVED] pc does not post

Currently a PC I am working on powers on, but generally only displays a solid white underscore in the left hand corner. It does not get to the post screen or bios. All non essential components are unplugged. Apparently the PC sometimes posts, but 99/100 times it goes to a black screen with the solid underscore or the PC powers its self off and back on repeatedly (the power loop seems to have stopped once we removed all non essential components).

have tried removing CMOS battery, switching ram sticks. As of right now I'm assuming its either a bad motherboard or bad power supply. The PC was working a month ago, but was sitting powered off until today (was plugged in for a month while user was away).

MSI z97 pcMate
Gskill 1600mhz ram
EVGA supernova 750B

Solution
Try adding your storage with Windows installation back to the PC, see if it shows anything. I hope your monitor is plugged into the motherboard video ports.

The underscore usually is shown after the motherboard splash screen, from where you can enter the BIOS. Just check what key you have to press to enter the BIOS, and repeatedly press that key as soon as you push the power button.
Try adding your storage with Windows installation back to the PC, see if it shows anything. I hope your monitor is plugged into the motherboard video ports.

The underscore usually is shown after the motherboard splash screen, from where you can enter the BIOS. Just check what key you have to press to enter the BIOS, and repeatedly press that key as soon as you push the power button.

Solution