Question PC does not recognize keyboard and mouse, even before OS boot

Dec 7, 2019
I have a problem with my pc that I built about a year ago and that worked great.
Today the keyboard and the mouse are no longer recognized, and even when starting the pc. These devices are connected in USB directly to the motherboard. I tried almost anything: other devices, other usb ports, front ports reassembled my pc, changed the RAM position and so on ...
The worst in all this is that you can charge your phone on usb ports. So these are not dead.
I searched almost everywhere and found no solutions.
I would like to make a clean install of the OS but I can‘t because my keyboard is not recognized.

If anyone has ever had this trouble please enlighten me please, I am desperate.

Specs : Gigabyte z370n wifi
Gtx 1080 ASUS
i7 8700
16gigs RAM DDR4
SSD crucial m.2 1tb
windows 10
corsair sf600
louqe ghost s1

Dec 7, 2019
Keyboard wired and wireless mice (usb receiver) from Logitech.
Tried other keyboards and didn’t work.
What I know is if I start the pc, these are not recognized in every way : unplug then plug, every position...
But when I want to charge my phone the usb send power.

Dec 7, 2019
Ok so I removed the ssd then clear cmos.
now when I start the pc I get the bios screen and the message your bios have been reset but keyboard or mouse still don’t work.
I guess the MB is the problem.

ok so the first thing you need to do is to be able to use your pc but as you say your keyboard and mouse don't work , this is how to move around the screen once you get to desktop

HOW TO MOVE MOUSE POINTER WITH KEYBOARD
This works on all versions of windows.​
  • Start by pressing ALT+SHIFT+NUM LOCK all at the same time to display a mouse key box. Use the cursor keys to select the ok box to activate the mouse keys.
  • Don't click the settings button unless you want to customise how the mouse works such as cursor speed.
  • You can now use the number pad to move your mouse pointer.
  • Keys 1, 2,3,4,6,7,8,9 move the cursor.
  • Key 5 is the left mouse click button.
  • The insert key holds down the mouse button.
  • The delete key releases the mouse button.
  • The + sign is used to double click.
  • The number lock key disables the mouse keys.

So the first thing I would suggest is go into device manager and you will probably see yellow triangles next to entries for your mouse and keyboard , if you don't I would do this next bit anyway , click on the mouse and keyboard and choose delete drivers , next restart your pc and windows will load generic drivers.

BTW have you ever had a power cut , my corsair keyboard stopped working after a power cut and I had to unplug it , start the pc then once at desktop plug it back in.

Dec 7, 2019
Thank you for your reply but my keyboard doesn’t work so it’s impossible.

No power cut, but it could be an electricity problem. Before the problem I plug/unplugged several times an usb stick. I will have the answer tonight with the new MB.

Dec 7, 2019
Replaced my motherboard and now everything works !
problem solved but it is still a mystery that you could charge a phone but not make a keyboard or mice working.
Anyway thank for your help fellas.