Dec 14, 2019
I just upgraded my i5 6500 to a Ruben 7 2700x, new mobo (Asus TUF b450m), and used my existing rosewill 500w power supply, 16gb TridentZ ram, ssd, hard drive, and 3gb 1060. The system displayed outside of the box and now with it inside the case, it boots but won’t display. Things I’ve tried:
-Took out all the front panel cables (including the power switch, used a screwdriver instead)
-Tried both sticks of ram in all the slots
-Tried changing the gpu to an extra 570 I have
-Switch monitors/cables
-spammer delete on multiple keyboards
-checked for shorts behind the motherboard (near the backplate)
Could this still be a short from the standoffs? I will try it again outside the case soon. Thanks

Dec 14, 2019
I just upgraded my i5 6500 to a Ruben 7 2700x, new mobo (Asus TUF b450m), and used my existing rosewill 500w power supply, 16gb TridentZ ram, ssd, hard drive, and 3gb 1060. The system displayed outside of the box and now with it inside the case, it boots but won’t display. Things I’ve tried:
-Took out all the front panel cables (including the power switch, used a screwdriver instead)
-Tried both sticks of ram in all the slots
-Tried changing the gpu to an extra 570 I have
-Switch monitors/cables
-spammer delete on multiple keyboards
-checked for shorts behind the motherboard (near the backplate)
Could this still be a short from the standoffs? I will try it again outside the case soon. Thanks
I took the motherboard out of the case and now the gpu fan is twitching, everything is on, but there’s still no display.