Question PC doesn’t start after changing memory speed

annopolis230

Prominent
Jul 22, 2019
I just got 3200 DDR4 TridentZ memory. It was only running at 2133 MHz so I enabled XMP. It didn’t do anything. So I manually changed the speed to 3200 and my PC wouldn’t start. I tried making the voltage higher from 1.35 to 1.4 and that didn’t work. How can I make this work? My brother got the exact same set of RAM and the same thing was happening to him, and enabling XMP worked for him.

My specs:
Ryzen 5 2600
Asrock AB350 Pro4
2x 8gb DDR4 3200 MHz GSkill Trident Z

annopolis230

Prominent
Jul 22, 2019
Do you mean the whole system doesn't turn on, or just Windows? Do you get any errors, or other messages on the screen at all?

I figured out what was causing it. It was the AM4 Boot Training setting in the BIOS — basically it would keep restarting the PC until it found a stable frequency. Only 2133 worked.

I figured out I had the memory in slots 1 and 3 instead of 2 and 4 so I took them out and put them in the right slot. Now I have a new, bigger problem: My computer is stuck in a boot loop that never posts. I’m fairly certain it’s the motherboard because I’ve tried clearing the CMOS, using a different stick of RAM, reseating the RAM, and only using one stick. I know this isn’t the topic being asked anymore but if you have any suggestions for this new problem please let me know. I would hate to buy a new motherboard.