[SOLVED] pc doesn’t turn on with two ram sticks, but does start with one.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jan 22, 2022
If you are following the RAM designation from your mobo docs then make sure they are exactly the same model of dimm module. Especially if you’re wanting to use the dual channel feature. I’m sure someone more qualified has already answered this but I thought i would chime in!
Follow up: I meant to say the mobo requirement for ram slot assignment in addition to being the exact same modules. Thanks

Aeacus

Champion
Ambassador
If you are following the RAM designation from your mobo docs then make sure they are exactly the same model of dimm module. Especially if you’re wanting to use the dual channel feature. I’m sure someone more qualified has already answered this but I thought i would chime in!
I actually already said that in my 5th reply. Not sure why would you say the same thing again.

ollow up: I meant to say the mobo requirement for ram slot assignment in addition to being the exact same modules. Thanks
It's obvious that both sticks should be same. Still, people have mixed RAM running in their system, e.g one stick from Crucial, another from Corsair. DDR3 RAM, in regards of RAM mixing is more forgiving than DDR4 RAM, which OP has. Only on rare instances, different DDR4 RAM sticks have been working together.

Though, even when you buy two identical RAM sticks, there is no guarantee that they work together. Hence why there are RAM sets sold.

Now, OP hasn't replied here for over a month and we can assume that OP got the issue solved one way or another. As of why you try to revive this topic, i don't know.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS