May 27, 2020
Hi!

I built a new PC one month ago:
  • Asus Prime x570-PRO
  • Corsair RM750x
  • Ryzen 7 3700x with Wraith Prism Cooler
  • 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz
  • Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD
  • AMD Radeon R9 390 (used my old card, decided to upgrade later).
My system worked perfectly until today. I bought a GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (GIGABYTE WINDFORCE OC ) and after installing it the PC doesn't boot. All fans spin momentarily but immediately stop, only one case fan keeps spinning, the CPU fan and other 3 case fans don't. RGB on the motherboard, RAM and Wraith Prism Cooler still works.

I tried using my old graphics card and same thing happens. I unplugged everything and reassembled it outside the case and also tried a different power supply but it didn't help. Both graphics cards work on my old PC.

I tried everything on the troubleshooting checklist. After removing RAM and SSD I didn't get any errors on the motherboard's Q LEDs. CPU fan again just spins for a second and stops. Do I just assume the motherboard is faulty?

All help appreciated.

Solution
I didn't uninstall the AMD drivers (stupid mistake). I tried booting from USB stick but I get no signal on my monitors.
You should be able to clear the CMOS, then do a clean re-installation with a USB installer stick. Wrong driver doesn't damage the hardware. And that NVIDIA is a nice card!

RealBeast

Titan
Hi!

I built a new PC one month ago:
  • Asus Prime x570-PRO
  • Corsair RM750x
  • Ryzen 7 3700x with Wraith Prism Cooler
  • 16GB (2x8) G.Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz
  • Samsung 970 EVO 500GB M.2 SSD
  • AMD Radeon R9 390 (used my old card, decided to upgrade later).
My system worked perfectly until today. I bought a GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER (GIGABYTE WINDFORCE OC ) and after installing it the PC doesn't boot. All fans spin momentarily but immediately stop, only one case fan keeps spinning, the CPU fan and other 3 case fans don't. RGB on the motherboard, RAM and Wraith Prism Cooler still works.

I tried using my old graphics card and same thing happens. I unplugged everything and reassembled it outside the case and also tried a different power supply but it didn't help. Both graphics cards work on my old PC.

I tried everything on the troubleshooting checklist. After removing RAM and SSD I didn't get any errors on the motherboard's Q LEDs. CPU fan again just spins for a second and stops. Do I just assume the motherboard is faulty?

All help appreciated.
Did you use the AMD driver uninstaller before switching GPUs?

Have you tried booting from a W10 installer USB stick?

May 27, 2020
You should be able to clear the CMOS, then do a clean re-installation with a USB installer stick. Wrong driver doesn't damage the hardware. And that NVIDIA is a nice card!

Thanks for the help. I cleared the CMOS and now all the fans are spinning and it seems like it works, but I still get no signal on my monitor, so I can install windows again. I tried two different monitors with HDMI and Displayport but nothing.

May 27, 2020
And this is with the old card in?

No, I tried it with the new card. Wanted to try with the old card, but my PC doesn't even turn on now like there is no power (everything is connected). Maybe I used the switch on the PSU to turn off PC to much because I could't turn it off any other way. I will have to test it with other PSU.

TRENDING THREADS