Question Pc doesnt boot dram light on after removing stuck gpu

janikiraly2

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
So to the point, i accidently removed my gpu from the socket halfly (so it got stuck) and when i realized after turning on my pc (there was no display) i shut down my computer and succesfully removed the stuck card (pushing the sockets lock with a screwer) and put the card back in its place. I turned on the pc and there was no display again and the dram light was constantly lightning red. So every fan spins, i hear the hdds turning on but no display and the dram led lightning. What a tried:

Plugging the monitor into the motherboard to use the integrated gpu, same.

Resetting cmos with the jumper on the mb.

Switching places of ram, resetting cmos in between.

Remove the onboard battery while resetting cmos.

Removing 1 ram stick.

Sometimes the pc restarts after a while sometimes keeps going on but i havent found a pattern for it.

Whats the problem with? What can cause it? I guess i hit the mb with the screwer when i pushed back the lock but i dont think that kind of physichal contact causes problems like this. Or something got messed up when i turned on the pc with the gpu half in?

My specs:

CPU: i7 4790
Motherboard: asus z97 pro gamer
Ram:2x4 G skill trident x 2400 mhz cl10 f3-2400c10d-8gtx
SSD/HDD: samsung 850 evo pro, wd black
GPU:asus gtx970 strix
PSU:gigabyte e620
Chassis:zalman z11 pro

This pc has been running perfectly good almost 3 years. :/ pls help me at least to detect wich part is faulty so i can replace it soon.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Always list your specs for a troubleshooting thread like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Apart from including the make and model of the PSU, how old is the unit? Which slots have you populated with the sticks of ram?

janikiraly2

Reputable
Aug 21, 2014
Always list your specs for a troubleshooting thread like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Apart from including the make and model of the PSU, how old is the unit? Which slots have you populated with the sticks of ram?

The other specs seemed to be irrelevan to me but i have gigabyte e620 and its like 4 years old. The ram slots go by a1 a2 b1 b2 and by default it was i a2 b2 i tried a1 b2 and a1 b1. The loan ram was in a1 and b1