Question PC doesn't boot from cold boot - please help

Apr 28, 2020
Hi guys,

I helped my friend install a new GPU and PSU a few days ago. Tested it out everything turned on and played a game for 20 minutes to make sure all was in working order. The next day he told me it didn't turn on but then found a tip on the Internet saying to remove the CMOS battery for 10 seconds then put it back in and try again. This did work and he was playing games on it yesterday all day but when he tried to turn it on again this morning it was not powering up again. Unplugged the PSU connections and worked again but every morning it will not turn on without messing around with it.

Could anyone please help and maybe give me an indication where to start with this I'm not extremely technical but I have built PCs before and never ran into this problem.

SYSTEM:
-Intel core i5-9600k
-16gb corsair vengeance memory
-Nvidia RTX 2070 super
-Seasonic core 650w power supply
-MSI Z390-A PRO motherboard

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

I helped my friend install a new GPU and PSU a few days ago. Tested it out everything turned on and played a game for 20 minutes to make sure all was in working order. The next day he told me it didn't turn on but then found a tip on the Internet saying to remove the CMOS battery for 10 seconds then put it back in and try again. This did work and he was playing games on it yesterday all day but when he tried to turn it on again this morning it was not powering up again. Unplugged the PSU connections and worked again but every morning it will not turn on without messing around with it.

Could anyone please help and maybe give me an indication where to start with this I'm not extremely technical but I have built PCs before and never ran into this problem.

SYSTEM:
-Intel core i5-9600k
-16gb corsair vengeance memory
-Nvidia RTX 2070 super
-Seasonic core 650w power supply
-MSI Z390-A PRO motherboard

Thanks in advance.
I would suspect PSU even if new.