Question PC doesn't boot the next day, will run when I "change" something on the motherboard

Jul 16, 2022
I've had problem with my pc for a while now like suddenly crashing then restarting and bsod related to memory management appears but doesn't restart on its own (stuck at 100%) . From what I've checked, the ram is just fine. This went on for 2 years.

One day however my PC won't boot and the CPU led on the mobo lights up. I change my ram configuration from 32gb to 16 gb ram. It suddenly boots fine.

The next day it won't boot again. CPU led on mobo lights up. I reset the bios by removing CMOS battery of the motherboard. It suddenly boots fine.

The next day it won't boot again. CPU led on mobo lights up. I unplug the CPU cooling fan from the appropriate fan header and it boots fine but dangerous for the cpu. So I immediately restart but with plugging the cpu fan to another fan header. It still works fine.

The next day it won't boot again. CPU led on mobo lights up but after a normal attempt at booting. I haven't tried troubleshooting again as of the time of posting this. Any ideas of the problem?

I'm guessing that it's the motherboard since it seems to work when I change something motherboard related. Also i have a ryzen 3900x and I'm using a b450 tomahawk max which could further guarantee that it's a motherboard problem.

Anything else that I can do?

I've had problem with my pc for a while now like suddenly crashing then restarting and bsod related to memory management appears but doesn't restart on its own (stuck at 100%) . From what I've checked, the ram is just fine. This went on for 2 years.

One day however my PC won't boot and the CPU led on the mobo lights up. I change my ram configuration from 32gb to 16 gb ram. It suddenly boots fine.

The next day it won't boot again. CPU led on mobo lights up. I reset the bios by removing CMOS battery of the motherboard. It suddenly boots fine.

The next day it won't boot again. CPU led on mobo lights up. I unplug the CPU cooling fan from the appropriate fan header and it boots fine but dangerous for the cpu. So I immediately restart but with plugging the cpu fan to another fan header. It still works fine.

The next day it won't boot again. CPU led on mobo lights up but after a normal attempt at booting. I haven't tried troubleshooting again as of the time of posting this. Any ideas of the problem?

I'm guessing that it's the motherboard since it seems to work when I change something motherboard related. Also i have a ryzen 3900x and I'm using a b450 tomahawk max which could further guarantee that it's a motherboard problem.

Anything else that I can do?
Cheap test.....replace the bios bat.

Jul 16, 2022
I've been doing everything that I tried before that made it boot but now they don't work. If it does boot, it will eventually restart multiple times and not boot anymore. It's almost as if it's learning just to screw with me.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS