[SOLVED] Pc doesnt boot to right drive

Apr 28, 2021
Ever since I was forced to do a CMOS reset, the PC doesn't boot into the right hard drive. I have to reset CMOS after every restart and select the correct hard drive to boot it into. How do I set it to just boot with the proper drive?

TheJoker2020

Prominent
Oct 13, 2020
I reset CMOS by taking the battery out and putting it back in, which I have to do on every restart in order to get a signal.
I assume that you are putting it in with the flat side out, if so, you need a new battery.

It will say what it is, (almost certainly a CR2032, any brand/make will do, they are all the same.

TheJoker2020

Prominent
Oct 13, 2020
Is the BIOS not remembering the settings after you save them.? You can test this by changing something unimortant.

If it is remembering other changes then we will definitely need more information about the computer, including the drives, what is on them (OS).

Apr 28, 2021
No it doesn't remember the settings when I change them. And I'm also not quite sure how to set a booting hard drive. I think if I know how to do that I can fix the problem.

TheJoker2020

Prominent
Oct 13, 2020
I reset CMOS by taking the battery out and putting it back in, which I have to do on every restart in order to get a signal.
I assume that you are putting it in with the flat side out, if so, you need a new battery.

It will say what it is, (almost certainly a CR2032, any brand/make will do, they are all the same.

ASK THE COMMUNITY