[SOLVED] PC Doesn't Boot Windows after CPU Upgrade

SolidFib3r

Commendable
May 8, 2017
Hi,

My PC has Intel Core i5 9600k and AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi Motherboard, I decided to buy Core i9 9900K since I started to need it, So I Installed the CPU added the thermal paste and the Cooler is Kraken X62, My PC should the Aorus Logo and then froze ! So I checked with BIOS found the CPU i9 showing in the BIOS, So I made sure I have the Win 10's SSD selected in the Boot menu, but keeps freezing on the Arous Screen , some time shows the Aorus logo and saying Preparing repair, but also freezes there, So I thought maybe the Windows got messed up or something, So I tried to re install windows by inserting the Windows 10 USB Drive, And selected it as boot drive, also showed up Windows Logo then froze as well ! tried to make my own Windows 10 bootable USB Drive and same issue, So I thought maybe its the New CPU, so I re installed my Core i5 and the PC booted normally and the windows and everything still the same !?

So my question here : Is the new CPU Core i9 9900k Is defective for example ? or I'm I missing something here ?

Because even if its the windows, I can't even boot to the windows 10 installation.

And is it possible that my Motherboard shows the i9 installed and shows its clock speed but its defective for example ?

Because as far as I know my build is compatible with the new Processor.

Thanks in advance.

SolidFib3r

Commendable
May 8, 2017
latest bios?
turn off Multi-core enhancement in bios?

make and model of the psu?

I have F8 BIOS I'm not sure this is the latest or not, But my MOBO notifies me usually when there is a new BIOS Update.

My PSU is NZXT E850.

Didn't try to turn off Multi-core enhancement in bios, probably will leave it until I re install the i9 for another try

SolidFib3r

Commendable
May 8, 2017
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z390-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

personally I wouldn't install any app to tell me if there is new bios.
only check it if you have issue.

Its not like a third party app, its Gigabyte app suit, but I was mistaken the update notifications was for the BIOS app update not the BIOS it self.

Which version would you recommend ? F11 or F12C , just making sure if the "C" is a stable version or not.

Thanks for the heads up