[SOLVED] PC doesn't boot with 2 x 2GB RAM modules installed ?

Jul 27, 2021
am using jetway 945GCM3 motherboard.
I have installed x64 windows 10, also I have updated bios to A02 , but computer doesn't Boot up when I install 2 x 2gb ram ?
When I put single ram stick in any slot the pc boots up. It even boots with 3 gb (1x2g + 1x1g )ram.
Problem occurs only when I put 4gb (2 x 2gb) ram in . What should I do?

processor core2 duo e7500
memory - 2x2 gb 667mhz ddr2
motherboard -jetway 945gcm3
no graphic card

Thank you!

Solution
945GC chipset only officially supports 2GB max: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...l-82945gc-graphics-and-memory-controller.html

Dual-channel should work fine with two 1GB sticks. I would just use 3GB because it has Intel Flex Memory technology which means the first 2GB runs at dual-channel and only the last GB in single-channel.

The 945 chipsets that do support 4GB like 945GM or 945PM cannot remap PCIE/APIC addresses to above 4GB so can only use ~3.4GB anyway, even with a 64-bit OS (because some is wasted for device addresses). Only those can do this reliably.
Jul 27, 2021
Have you tested the 2gb ram sticks individually? If so, what exactly happens with 2x2gb, any series of beeps or anything on screen?
Yes individually they work perfectly fine,
I don't have speakers so not much about beeps,
Once it worked with 2x2 GB, when I checked properties it only showed 3.4 GB instead of 3.99 GB. But after then it never worked together .
Black screen appears with keyboard and mouse not working .
Also when I ran memory diagnosis ,it showed hardware problem detected

To begin with 3.4 sounds like the max that 32 bit windows will utilize when you put in 4gb. If it recognized it once you can try blowing the slots out with air in a can and cleaning just the contacts on the ram modules with isopropyl alcohol(let it dry for a sec before putting it in again).

Jul 27, 2021
Okk I'll clean the ram and slots ,but if it is case then single ram also shouldn't work,right?
i cleaned the ram slots and ram sticks but no progess

Last edited:
945GC chipset only officially supports 2GB max: https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...l-82945gc-graphics-and-memory-controller.html

Dual-channel should work fine with two 1GB sticks. I would just use 3GB because it has Intel Flex Memory technology which means the first 2GB runs at dual-channel and only the last GB in single-channel.

The 945 chipsets that do support 4GB like 945GM or 945PM cannot remap PCIE/APIC addresses to above 4GB so can only use ~3.4GB anyway, even with a 64-bit OS (because some is wasted for device addresses). Only those can do this reliably.

Solution