Question PC Doesn't boot with GPU installed

Jul 18, 2019
So i got my new 1155 motherboard and cpu, but there is a problem. It works fine with onboard iGpu, but when i plug in my rx460 graphics card the screen is just black, but the fans are spinning. Any ideas,
Motherboard is ECS H67H2-M3
cpu core i5 2400
gpu rx460

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
So i got my new 1155 motherboard and cpu, but there is a problem. It works fine with onboard iGpu, but when i plug in my rx460 graphics card the screen is just black, but the fans are spinning. Any ideas,
Motherboard is ECS H67H2-M3
cpu core i5 2400
gpu rx460
PSU make and model?
Did you have a previous GPU at all with the same storage drive? If so you'll want to clear all previous drivers using DDU.

Jul 18, 2019
The drive and the gpu is the same. Only mobo and cpu are upgraded. I also tested the system with an another gpu, 1050ti, and booted fine.
Should I still remove the drivers? I can't even boot to bios.

Psu is 350w everest(some local brand)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
The drive and the gpu is the same. Only mobo and cpu are upgraded. I also tested the system with an another gpu, 1050ti, and booted fine.
Should I still remove the drivers? I can't even boot to bios.

Psu is 350w everest(some local brand)
If another GPU works fine, then likelihood is your GPU is faulty.

Yes still try the drivers otherwise it can cause conflicts:
- Use old GPU that works, run DDU (using the in safe mode option) uninstall drivers, shut down, install new GPU, boot up.

Also you will probably want to upgrade the PSU otherwise it poses a risk to your other components and the last thing you want to do is pay for a new GPU for a PSU to take them out.

Jul 18, 2019
Replaced the gpu with a hd7770 temporarily, going to use it until i get my new psu, then probably i'll buy a new gpu. idk why it isn't working tho.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
At boot up and low load, a 350W should still be able to display a signal. XFX 460 still only pulls around 100W/110W under heaviest loads. The everest PSUs I have seen are not good quality, but the numbers on the ones i have seen should still be enough unless the PSU is faulty.

That and it has run previously, so it's only a matter if the PSU has now become faulty.

As already stated above, PSU needs to be upgraded.
you will probably want to upgrade the PSU