Nov 25, 2020
Recently I've added a new HDD in my pc and it got corrupted not long after, I still kept it plugged in and now my pc doesn't boot at all. I took out the faulty hard drive and it still won't boot. I tried choosing the SSD or the other HDD I had and still fails to boot, I can get into the BIOS but that's pretty much it. I'm planning to re-install the windows, does anyone know if it's going to help?

Solution
If you had all the disks in when you installed windows may have put boot info on the drive that failed. I have seen others here with the same trouble, you may find a fix by searching and reading. You could try repair mode and see if it will fix your start up problems.
Nov 25, 2020
So you had 3 disks? 1 failed!
Now you have 2 disks and it wont boot from either disk?
Which disk had windows (10,8,8.1,7,XP)?
If you're-installing do so with 1 disk in the system and let widnows format and partition.
Yeah, had 3 and now I'm left with 2, the SSD has windows 10 installed on it

If you had all the disks in when you installed windows may have put boot info on the drive that failed. I have seen others here with the same trouble, you may find a fix by searching and reading. You could try repair mode and see if it will fix your start up problems.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS