Question PC doesn't boot

syringelol

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, after not using the PC for a week, I tried to boot it today and as usual fans started spinning, motherboard lit up but I had no display. Tried to reset the PC but then it put itself on a loop (fans would spin for 2 seconds then stop). After unplugging it for 5 minutes I could boot the system properly.

Is this a sign of my PSU failing? It's almost 4 years old (Thermaltake 750 W)
Also been experiencing delayed boots for a few months now such as I'd press the power button, it hangs for 2 seconds then it boots up, used to be instant)

Thanks

syringelol

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
Sounds like a messed up sleep state to me. Like the system tried to recover from Sleep and failed? (then the 'cold' boot, when you unplugged it fixed it) Did you change any power settings lately?

Hey man, thanks for the reply. No, I never use the sleep mode. It seems fixed now but the hanged boot still exists. I press the power button and fans start spinning and everything lights up but it hangs for a good 5 seconds before the system boots up.

Also, no I never changed any power settings, havent even been home to use the PC for a week.

syringelol

Prominent
Apr 5, 2020
Hibernation is disabled and power settings are as I left them. The problem is the machine is struggling to boot. Do you think it’s a failing PSU? Considering that everything else is normal