[SOLVED] PC doesn't detect Nvidia Display Drivers

Mar 28, 2020
I've been having this consistent issue for weeks now and I finally give up on trying to fix it myself.

Occasionally when my computer turns on, the Nvidia Display driver does not get detected on startup. I am met with Error 43 when I check the Device Manager. I have the newest Nvidia Drivers for my graphics card. I have the newest version of Windows 10 Home. The graphics card I have came OC out of the box but everything else is stock.

If someone could please help me try and fix this issue it would be greatly appreciated.

My specs are as follows:
Ryzen 7 2700X
GTX 1660
ROG Strix B450-F
16gb 3600mhz RAM
Corsair CX650M

Mar 28, 2020
Run DDU in safe mode to completely wipe all remnants of a display driver from your system. Reboot and install the latest driver. https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

If the issue persists, try an older driver.

If still not working It could be an issue with the graphics card itself.
Ok so I entered safe mode, ran DDU, it restarted my computer for me. After it restarted it booted with all the old Nvidia stuff completely wiped. Then, I went to Nvidia's page and started downloading the newest drivers again.

This is where another possible issue came up. About halfway through saving the installer to my computer, the old drivers came back. Same error code. Nothing had been installed yet so I don't know how they reappeared.

I opened GeForce Experience and it said no drivers were detected, and began downloading the newest ones AGAIN. Currently at that step.