[SOLVED] PC doesn't fully shutdown. Can it cause damage?

Feb 6, 2019
Hello, when i shutdown my pc through windows the computer does not fully shut off, my fans keep spinning and the led on my gpu keeps glowing. mouse and keyboard leds do turn off and the unexpected power loss counter in the S.M.A.R.T test for my ssd does not go up so i think my drives shut down too. At that point i can only turn the pc off by pressing the power button (and i mean a normal press, i don't have to hold it for forced shutdown).
It doesn't always happen, and it only seems to happen when the computer has been on for a long time. This makes it a real pain to troubleshoot so before i start to try and fix it do you think this behavior can damage my hardware? If it's just a harmless glitch i can just keep it.
Thank you

Specs:
ASUS prime b450 plus
Seasonic M12II 620W
AMD Ryzen 2600
Crucial MX500
Seagate Barracuda ST100
Kingstone hyperX Fury 2x4GB
Radeon RX590

Solution
In theory, nothing would be damaged as it is same as for running normally.
But i think thats an motherboard issue, cause it doesnt cut off the signal for PSU to shut off.

You can try to update bios, but I really dont know will it fix it. It its latest, try to re-flash the bios.

Hmm, Also.. It may be windows thingy... I Remember that you could set Sleep mode without fully powering down your PC to stand by, but leave it running and asleep.
In theory, nothing would be damaged as it is same as for running normally.
But i think thats an motherboard issue, cause it doesnt cut off the signal for PSU to shut off.

You can try to update bios, but I really dont know will it fix it. It its latest, try to re-flash the bios.

Hmm, Also.. It may be windows thingy... I Remember that you could set Sleep mode without fully powering down your PC to stand by, but leave it running and asleep.

Solution