Question PC doesn't fully utilize the CPU & GPU and the FPS drops ?

Fiziek

Prominent
May 23, 2022
Hello my friends,

I'd like to know if you can help me with this;

When game is launched i can play about 30 min - 1 hr untill something weird comes up,

What I mean is that after this time GPU usage drops to abt 60-75 % - normally is abt 85% and more ( CPU works same all time between 10-40% usage ) and FPS automatically drops from standard 110-120 sometimes 150 to 80-90, sometimes 105, the clock and memory frequency is still, doesn't drop, the temp on GPU doesnt exceed 60 celcius at any moment ( manual fan settings ). This happens everytime after 1 hour of game, especially in warzone but I saw that case in other games.

After PC reboot all is back to normal until I play again for 1 hour.

Drivers are always updated, I don't use any weird background programs, just discord is on and that's it

RAM usage is about 40% tops.

My build:

I play in 2k on Monitor LG 27GL850 27"
Windows 11
Mobo MSI z390 gaming plus
CPU i5 9600kf ( not OC )
GPU rtx 2070 super ( not OC )
RAM DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200hz 16cl 2x16GB CMW32GX4M2E3200C16
SSD SAMSUNG 980 pro 1tb
SSD SAMSUNG 970 Evo plus 512 gb ( windows )
PSU be quiet power zone 650 wat

I'd like to thank you in advance for any help :)

View: https://imgur.com/a/nvshAnQ

What game is that?

The only thing I can think of if you might just need to reinstall your video drivers and give it another try.

Also does this happen in other games?

This looks like Call of Duty, but I could be wrong, but that game is known to use a lot of vram, You might have to turn down some settings or set the max vram setting in the graphics menu to around 50% and try it from there, it could be fillingt he vram buffer of the GPU and just tanking performance, every game is slighty different when that happens, usally you get random pauses like if you were out of system ram.

Good luck!

Fiziek

Prominent
May 23, 2022
Hello,

Yes this is warzone 2.0, I'll try to reinstall drivers ofc, but downgrading settings won't be possible because o play already on low for better fps perform :p and my VRAM usage in game in menu shows that it's below half i already have in GPU, and yes I saw that kind drops in diablo 2 or in Witcher 3 sometimes,

Its look the same.in the other games, launch game -> playing abt 1 hr and suddenly GPU usage drops and fps drops from steady 120-130 in diablo and 50-60 in Witcher to 90-100 or 40-45 in Witcher and remain steady untill reboot

Fiziek

Prominent
May 23, 2022
What game is that?

The only thing I can think of if you might just need to reinstall your video drivers and give it another try.

Also does this happen in other games?

This looks like Call of Duty, but I could be wrong, but that game is known to use a lot of vram, You might have to turn down some settings or set the max vram setting in the graphics menu to around 50% and try it from there, it could be fillingt he vram buffer of the GPU and just tanking performance, every game is slighty different when that happens, usally you get random pauses like if you were out of system ram.

Good luck!

Mister, unfortunately reinstalling drivers didn't make a difference :/ would you share me some other ideas or advices?

Fiziek

Prominent
May 23, 2022
Is there anything I could possibly do to fix this issue? Yesterday i played Witcher 3 a few hours and after 1.5h of game i noticed same problem, i had fully steady 75 fps in-game for 1,5h and then suddenly it started to drop to 45-50, only when I looked into the ground it was back to 75, the GPU usage was on 80-100 % all the time, doesn't matter if there where fps drop or not, the CPU was usage Abt 20-60% and the temps was normal, maximum 60 degrees