Question PC doesn't POST after adding more RAM ?

Herazim

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
Hey,

I'm facing an issue that I haven't been able to solve for a while, still trying to figure out what the problem is.

I got a new PC, initially I put 16GB of RAM dual-channel kit on it, I tried upgrading to 32GB of Ram with 2 dual-channel kits and the PC doesn't POST after I put the new RAM.

I've tried most things to solve the issue:
1. The 2 new sticks of RAM work if I put them instead of the old ones

2. Also works if I only put 2 sticks of RAM in A2-B2 or A1-B1 to make sure the slots work

3. It doesn't work if I put more than 2 sticks.

Initial dual-channel kit bought was - Kingston FURY Beast 12GB DDR5 6000MHz CL30 Dual Channel Kit

When I got the second kit I got the same one, looked over compatible memories and they are and also QVL - KF560C40BBk2 - 16 for reference.

For mobo I have GIGABYTE B760 AORUS ELITE AX

Other things I've tried are taking out the CMOS battery before adding the sticks and even after.

Updated BIOS but to be fair the last time I updated with last year to F3, F10d, might try to update it again if nothing else works.

XMP profile is off while I do the upgrade, I know it doesn't work properly with 2 dual-channel kits.

I am really stumped and have no idea what could be the issue besides swapping them for a single dual-channel kit of 32GB.