[SOLVED] Pc doesnt post first time

liso4ka lol

Prominent
Apr 25, 2019
Hello i just swapped cases and psu and now my pc wont post the gpu lights come on the power led is on but fans dont spin and mobo doesnt indicate its on.

Hello everyone i dont know if this is the right section to post but i desperately need help
I just bought a new gpu psu and case
So today i started swappong the parts the build is
Case:aerocool cyclone pro
Psu:Seasonic S12II-620
Cpu: amd fx 8370E
Mobo:Asrock m3n78d fx
Gpu: asus strix rx 480
And 4 case fans
Anyways after i build the pc i plugged it in power and it doesnt post its weird because the gpu light comes on and when i press the power button the power led glows but the fans dont spin (only one fan is connected to the mobo the other 3 are molex connected)
And neither do any other fans spin i dont think even the psu fans spins
If anyone can help i would be happy
I have my money on the mobo but if its a mobo problem i dont get why the fans dont spin and if its an psu problem i dont get why the gpu light is on

Solution
Paper clip test just shows, if PSU can be started. It doesn't test voltages on PSU rails.

Your old PSU worked, new doesn't. Put the old PSU back in and see, if you can start your pc with old PSU.
No need i got it fix.I was in a hurry to build a pc and made a stuped mistake i got the cpu power the wrong way but i fixed it its weird cuz its 2+4 cpu power cable but the one 4pin connector isntnfor the cpu power but somehow i managed to insert it thats why it wasnt working.

liso4ka lol

Prominent
Apr 25, 2019
Paper clip test just shows, if PSU can be started. It doesn't test voltages on PSU rails.

Your old PSU worked, new doesn't. Put the old PSU back in and see, if you can start your pc with old PSU.
No need i got it fix.I was in a hurry to build a pc and made a stuped mistake i got the cpu power the wrong way but i fixed it its weird cuz its 2+4 cpu power cable but the one 4pin connector isntnfor the cpu power but somehow i managed to insert it thats why it wasnt working.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS