PC lights up, spins, yet no post
Specs:
Ryzen 5 3600g
Asus prime a32om k
Western 490gb ssd m.2
Stock fan
No gpu
8 gb crucial 2600 ram
500w power supply SL-500A 2nd edition(market in croatia is hot garbage, no good power supllies)

Pls help

Solution
More likely than not, the 3600G will work at some point; either the CPU list hasn't been upgraded since they added Ryzens in the 3000s or there will be a BIOS update.

But to find out, you really need to try updating the BIOS to the current version. That's why it's strongly recommended not to buy A320 motherboards unless you have a way to update them.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
hi hahastinky
did you upgrade the BIOS on that motherboard to support that CPU? that chipset does not support the ryzen 3 series out of the box, you need to prepare the boards firmware first and for that you need a supported CPU.

* Update: that CPU IS NOT on the supported list for that board.

hi hahastinky
did you upgrade the BIOS on that motherboard to support that CPU? that chipset does not support the ryzen 3 series out of the box, you need to prepare the boards firmware first and for that you need a supported CPU.

I was about to say the same thing but I took 2 minutes to check the Motherboard page.
https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/PRIME-A320M-K/HelpDesk_CPU/

I only see the 3600 and 3600x as supported CPU. The 3600g is not in that list. I can see other "g" version below the 3600 but not for the 3600. I guess his board doesn't support the g version of that CPU?

Dec 5, 2019

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
More likely than not, the 3600G will work at some point; either the CPU list hasn't been upgraded since they added Ryzens in the 3000s or there will be a BIOS update.

But to find out, you really need to try updating the BIOS to the current version. That's why it's strongly recommended not to buy A320 motherboards unless you have a way to update them.

Solution