[SOLVED] PC doesn't recognize PS4 drive

Sylb0y

Reputable
Mar 17, 2017
I've taken out my PS4 drive to install it into my pc for more storage, but my pc can't recognize the PS4 drive. When I go to Disk Management the drive doesn't show up, but when I use the software ''MiniTool Partition Wizard'' the drive shows up with 10MB of storage and is labeled as ''Read Only''
Also when I run the program Optimize Drives the drive is labeled as ''\\?\Volume{003434...'' and can't be optimized. I've tried everything there is to try but I just can't find the solution.
P.S. The drive in the PS4 was working correctly so it's not broken or corrupt or anything.
My specs are (if needed):
Ryzen 5 3600
ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING
Corsair 16 GB DDR4-3600
2x Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2
GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700

Solution
You may need to go into the command prompt and format it. On the start menu under Windows System, right click on the Command Prompt, select More, then select Run as Administrator. On the prompt, type diskpart. Once in diskpart, type list disk. That will show if the HD is recognized by Windows. Then you can use the command Format and select the disk as listed under diskpart. Hopefully that'll get the ball rolling.

bdcrlsn

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You may need to go into the command prompt and format it. On the start menu under Windows System, right click on the Command Prompt, select More, then select Run as Administrator. On the prompt, type diskpart. Once in diskpart, type list disk. That will show if the HD is recognized by Windows. Then you can use the command Format and select the disk as listed under diskpart. Hopefully that'll get the ball rolling.

Solution