pc doesnt run as expected in games

yarin1234

Reputable
Aug 3, 2017
first of all i wanna say that english is not my native languge so if i have spelling mistakes every now and then,sry for that. so basicly my system including an i5 6400 8g ram and a gtx 1050 palit storm x so. in benchmarks like firestrike and userbenchmark i get some good numbers and my pc preforms as expected.
but when i play real games,the fps is ok,but i expected a little bit more from my pc,for example,overwatch runs in a simular system at high settings at about 100 fps.my pc runs it at about 80-85 average and with deeps to the 60-70 and somtimes even below that.i really dont know the reason for that because there is no way of bottlenecking. can somebody tell me an option for what it can be?

Solution
Have you checked your CPU/GPU utilization & temperatures while playing? 100FPS would be right at about the limit for that GPU (https://www.techspot.com/review/1269-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050/page5.html), so if you're dipping down it could be thermal throttling.

Also, does it happen on all maps, or just certain maps? Does it only happen in online matches against live opponents, or also in local games with just AI bots? And do the FPS dips happen when more players are on the map, or if more of them are on the screen?

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador
Have you checked your CPU/GPU utilization & temperatures while playing? 100FPS would be right at about the limit for that GPU (https://www.techspot.com/review/1269-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1050/page5.html), so if you're dipping down it could be thermal throttling.

Also, does it happen on all maps, or just certain maps? Does it only happen in online matches against live opponents, or also in local games with just AI bots? And do the FPS dips happen when more players are on the map, or if more of them are on the screen?

Solution

yarin1234

Reputable
Aug 3, 2017
i dont think that its a tep problem cause my gpu tops at about 65C.
i dont sure about the cpu though...
and its about 60-80 when the action is starting to hit up in an online game at overwatch. in the worst case it will drop to lower end 60s or in rare cases even to high 50s but its 1 in 10 matches or something like that.

TRENDING THREADS