[SOLVED] PC doesn't see second monitor after turning on ?

Dec 6, 2021
I had 1 monitor for a while with HDMI -> HDMI adapter. I bought a second monitor few days ago, connected it with DP -> HDMI adapter (because I only have 1 HDMI port), everything was fine, it got connected and working. I turned off the PC, and then turn it on and only new monitor works, my old one just says "Check signal cable" and that's i.

Powering it off and on doesn't help. So I turn off new monitor's power and then PC itself, turn on PC again, and my old monitor works properly. After I launch into Windows I turn on the power in second monitor and then it works fine again.
Kinda annoying to do. Is there way to make PC turn on properly with 2 monitors working without having to power off new one before launching?

Windows 10
My videocard is RX470 4GB.
Monitor is Samsung C24F390.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of both your monitors, please. What version of Windows 10 are you working with? As for your graphics card, might want to manually download the latest driver from AMD's support site, then use DDU to uninstall all GPU drivers and then boot to Safe Mode to manually reinstall your GPU drivers. You should install the driver like so, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Link to the adapter used?

Dec 6, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of both your monitors, please. What version of Windows 10 are you working with? As for your graphics card, might want to manually download the latest driver from AMD's support site, then use DDU to uninstall all GPU drivers and then boot to Safe Mode to manually reinstall your GPU drivers. You should install the driver like so, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

Link to the adapter used?

I already have the latest driver. Windows version is 2004. Both monitors are Samsung C24F390. Adapter is Cablexpert DisplayPort - HDMI (CC-DP-HDMI-6).