[SOLVED] PC doesn't sleep even after I press 'Sleep' on start. Help

parama3500

Reputable
Sep 23, 2017
After pressing 'Sleep' from the start, the display immediately goes off and nothing else happens, it basically just only turns off the display and does not go into sleep mode. And the display remains off till I move my mouse, where I can see the start again, right where I stopped before pressing sleep.

This doesn't happen always, but 90% of the time this is how it goes and is super annoying.

When it does sleep tho, theres no issues of it ever waking up by itself or whatsoever.
Running on Windows 10 20H2, but this behavior was present when I was on 20H1 too.

Any fix appereciated.

Ryzen 5 3600
MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
ROG Strix GTX 1660 Ti
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 8GB
Corsair CX650M

No overclocking.

Thanks!

After pressing 'Sleep' from the start, the display immediately goes off and nothing else happens, it basically just only turns off the display and does not go into sleep mode. And the display remains off till I move my mouse, where I can see the start again, right where I stopped before pressing sleep.

This doesn't happen always, but 90% of the time this is how it goes and is super annoying.

When it does sleep tho, theres no issues of it ever waking up by itself or whatsoever.
Running on Windows 10 20H2, but this behavior was present when I was on 20H1 too.

Any fix appereciated.

Ryzen 5 3600
MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC
ROG Strix GTX 1660 Ti
Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 8GB
Corsair CX650M

No overclocking.

Thanks!
Have a look here https://www.windowscentral.com/how-disable-windows-10-fast-startup