[SOLVED] PC doesn't start despite peripherals receiving power

patrikstrollface

Prominent
Oct 20, 2018
So I just upgraded my build once again , when I got done, I checked if I've connected all the necessaries, its not my first build so all the panels and cables are stuck in their correct pin/slot. When I plugged in the ac and flipped the switch, all fans flash for a millisecond and my peripherals turn on. The psu doesnt turn on, so, I short it, turns on just fine. Cant short the motherboard though. I'd be thinking its a faulty motherboard to be honest, but I really hope not, so thats why im here.
It doesn't start at all, like, I can spam the power button and it's doing nothing, same goes for shorting the power switch pins
Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Solution
Like you said, might be bad motherboard you got. If still having the old should you be able to continue work/game and rma. Well rma would be good anyway.

I guess that the 3900X was already in the old motherboard and isn't an upgrade as well?

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Like you said, might be bad motherboard you got. If still having the old should you be able to continue work/game and rma. Well rma would be good anyway.

I guess that the 3900X was already in the old motherboard and isn't an upgrade as well?

Solution

patrikstrollface

Prominent
Oct 20, 2018

Yep ive used the 3900x on my old one. Oh well, rma it is then, thanks for helping mate!

Reactions: Vic 40