[SOLVED] PC doesn't start with GPU connected to PSU

Oct 16, 2019
Hello!
So I have a problem that's developed recently with my computer. I tried to start it today and it wouldn't start. I did a bit of troubleshooting and found that it does start if I disconnect the power supply from the GPU.

Oddly, what seems to happen is that when the GPU is plugged in to the PSU and I try to start the PC, some of the case fans start for a half turn and stop. When I unplug the GPU it still doesn't work, but when I toggle the on/off switch on the PSU and try again with the GPU unplugged, the PC starts.

I guess my question is, is it the GPU that is failed or the PSU? Are there any ways of checking other than plugging the GPU to a different computer to check it?

Specs are:
PSU: Corsair CXM 750W, Graphics: MSI GTX 970, CPU: i7-4770, MB: Asus Z87-PRO.
Not a new build, everything has work great till now. I was half expecting some part to fall over, but I would sort of like to make an informed decision about what to repalce.

Solution
then check this gpu in another system to see if it work and do not made system shut if it is doing the shut gpu need to be replace also this board have multiple pci-e slot did you try gpu in the others .