Jun 6, 2024
First time building a PC, the specs are:
Gigabyte A520M S2H
AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
Gigabyte RX 6600 Eagle
Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GBx2 3200MHz
MSI Mag A550 BN PSU
Kingstom NV2 NVMe 1 TB

The reason why I suspect it's the GPU is because when installed CPU, CPU cooler, GPU, RAM and SSD, I tried booting the computer but nothing happened. I've read that this mobo might need a BIOS update to support Ryzen 5600X. So I updated the BIOS with USB and when the update completed, PSU and CPU fans started spinning. It seemed that the PC booted, however, the GPU fans weren't spinning, but I felt a little heat when I touched the GPU. I should point out that the GPU is seated quite weakly and it wiggles a little, if that might be a problem?

I already tried reseating the GPU, replugging it from the PSU, reaseating it completely and even press quite hard on it to make sure it is in correctly.

Then I switched RAM slots, tried with only one in each slot.

Nothing seems to be happening. I try to turn it on with screwdriver, then with PC case. I feel absolutely desperate and close to giving up

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

If you've verified that the BIOS was flashed to the latest version, clear the CMOS. Disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery then press and hold down the power button for 30secs. Replace the battery after 30mins.

I should point out that the GPU is seated quite weakly and it wiggles a little, if that might be a problem?
This isn't supposed to happen. The GPU should be seated firmly into the PCIe x16 slot.

You should probably breadboard the innards. If that works then you're suffering from a short in your case.