[SOLVED] Pc doesn't turn on even though gpu lights and motherboard lights are on

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
My power button stopped working because the power sw wires wr bad so I started turning on my pc from the motherboard pins , the power sw pins using a screw driver , now the pc doesn't turn on using those pins , why???? I didn't do anything wrong , just used the screw driver and it worked a few times.
Ryzen 5 3400g
Asrock b450 steel legend
Asus tuf Gtx 1650
Random 1tb WD HDD
Gigabyte 240 GB SSD
Zalman wattbitt 500w 83+
I dont get it , whats wrong

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
try buying a switch, like this,Amazon.com: skineat 3-Pack 2 Pin SW PC Desktop Power Cable on/Off Push Button ATX Computer Switch Cord 45CM : Electronics and see if the board powers on. You could also troubleshoot your psu, if you have another one, try installing that to see if board powers on. Or try yours on a friends pc to see if it powers up.
The motherboard and GPU light up but the pc doesn't turn on so power is there , maybe it's the switch, no way turning it on using the screw driver for 3 or 4 times ruined my motherboard bruh what even is this , why's it always my pc that f*k$ up

The motherboard and GPU light up but the pc doesn't turn on so power is there , maybe it's the switch, no way turning it on using the screw driver for 3 or 4 times ruined my motherboard bruh what even is this , why's it always my pc that f*k$ up
It doesn't always mean the motherboard is dead, it could be that your psu was on it's way out and just stopped working as you started using screwdriver. Troubleshoot the psu before you give up. I did say try a switch and see if board powers on, what I meant to say see if the pc runs.

xCJ11

Commendable
Oct 20, 2020
It doesn't always mean the motherboard is dead, it could be that your psu was on it's way out and just stopped working as you started using screwdriver. Troubleshoot the psu before you give up. I did say try a switch and see if board powers on, what I meant to say see if the pc runs.
Wait how do I troubleshoot the Psu if I don't have another one