[SOLVED] PC doesn't turn on (no fans, or any sign of life)

Mar 23, 2020
Around half a year ago I built my first PC, specs are:
MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON Motherboard
Intel core i7-8700k CPU
GTX 1060 6GB GPU
Corsair VS650 PSU
It worked mostly fine for the first 6 months, although i had an occasional problem with both of my monitors losing connection to the PC, with the audio often either continuing or glitching out. This only happened in a few games, being mostly dead by daylight, gta 5 and occasionally star wars battlefront 2 (but r6 and overwatch never had the same issue).
I tried doing a clean boot, as updating and reinstalling drivers and many other solutions had not helped. This mostly worked, until eventually the computer turned off, this time completely, no audio continuing or fans still spinning. i tried holding the power button for a minute then turning the power supply back on and pressing it again, but the most i got was a flash of the RGB from the liquid cooler, nothing else. I tried a paperclip test, which didn't do anything, so i assumed the problem was with the power supply and replaced it. However, it still didn't work, so i tried removing the power switch cable from the motherboard and shorting it with a screwdriver, but this once again only caused the rgb to light up briefly. Therefore, the problem seemed to only be with the motherboard, yet having replaced that, it once again has made no difference, with there only being a flash of the rgb on the cooler once again. My question is: am i missing something? Is there anything else that could be causing this problem, like the cpu or something of the sort? Are there any methods i can try to fix it? Thanks.

Solution
Is anything overclocked? The issue with video and audio playing is most often a video card crash caused by overheating, failing card or bad power supply.