Question pc dosent boot

pniok2

Prominent
Jul 20, 2019
i just installed a new gpu and water cooler. when i boot the pc it boots and half way through the gpu fans stop spinning the radiator fan starts spinning really fast and then the pc crashes.

pniok2

Prominent
Jul 20, 2019
Yea that's a problem. The 470 is power-hungry and a cheap psu is a bad idea.
What exact psu model is this? There is a sticker on the side.

Did you plug in the 6 or 8 pin power connector to the GPU? These are needed to boot.
i did plug in the 6 pin power connector but i had to use an adapter beacuse my psu dosent have a 6 pin connector. but even if i try to boot from motherboard graphics it freeze at the windows loading screen.

A Molex to 6 pin adapter is a very bad idea. Can fry things very fast. I'd suggest a new PSU pronto before ever using that gpu, especially if the psu is as old as the core 2 quad.

For now, i'd remove the gpu.
What exact liquid cooler is this? Id makes sure it's tightly mounted with pump and fans working and then boot on motherboards gpu.

pniok2

Prominent
Jul 20, 2019
A Molex to 6 pin adapter is a very bad idea. Can fry things very fast. I'd suggest a new PSU pronto before ever using that gpu, especially if the psu is as old as the core 2 quad.

For now, i'd remove the gpu.
What exact liquid cooler is this? Id makes sure it's tightly mounted with pump and fans working and then boot on motherboards gpu.
its a be quiet 120mm AIO cooler