PC downloads are slow and online videos never work fast

tommenten58

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018
Hi everyone

Everytime I try to download bigger files from Chrome, the files start to download at a normal speed, but after a few seconds my download speed starts to drop. It even stops from time to time.

Also when I try to watch tv-shows online, completely legal from the channels site, it always takes so long for the video to load. I can watch for 5 minutes before having to wait 10 more minutes because the video has to buffer again. Long videos on YouTube work, so I don't what's wrong.

I only have this problem with my laptop, the others work just fine.

Could someone please help me with this?

morgancomputers

Reputable
Feb 5, 2018
Hi what kind of internet connection are you using? Have you run a test of the speed of the connection?

http://www.speedtest.net/

What your describing sounds like an issue with the ISP/Connection unless you can stream using a smartphone/tablet connected to the same router?

tommenten58

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018

I'm on a wireless connection, speedtest gives me 70mbps and I'm not over any sort of limit with my IPS and they aren't throtteling me either. And mobile devices work just fine

morgancomputers

Reputable
Feb 5, 2018
Can you hook up an ethernet cable to the PC/Laptop temporarily?

If other devices are working ok then it suggests its not the connection to the web, or the router. That leaves the wi-fi card in the PC/Laptop or some other hardware/driver issues.

testing via ethernet cable is an easy way to see if its the Wifi card.

tommenten58

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018

It works just fine when I use an ethernet cable. Could ADM be causing troubles? I read a few things online about something being wrong with ADM Quick Stream.

morgancomputers

Reputable
Feb 5, 2018
I would remove ADM and re-test on Wi-Fi:

Go to control panel > network and internet > network and sharing center > change adapter settings (left hand side) > then click on your connection whether you are on wifi or wired > then click on "change settings of this connection" > when the box pops up look for "AppEx Accelerator" and click on it (highlight it don't click the box) then click on "uninstall", then click ok.

tommenten58

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018

There is no AppEx Accelerator in the list...

tommenten58

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018

I don't even know if I can uninstall AMD, because I think it is my graphics card or something (pretty vital), I just found some stuff online about an AMD application that might cause trouble. Als in the control panel list I can't find the AppEx Accelerator, so I can't uninstall it. I would be able to do so from within the control panel

tommenten58

Prominent
Feb 9, 2018

I apparently don't have AMD Quick Stream on my laptop, so it can't be causing the problem. What else can I do?

morgancomputers

Reputable
Feb 5, 2018

Ah ok - What make/model of Laptop do you have? Can you PM me a serial number or Asset tag ID for it and I will see what info I can find on it. I assumed you had the AMD quick stream as you brought it up earlier.